WE'RE LOOKING FOR A
The Copywriter is responsible for copy and concepts in the production of advertising, web and related content. Works with Art Director(s), video and web personnel to interpret concepts/copy. Serves as a concept generator.
- Creative: Help establish creative approach, messaging or theme that communicates an intentional story or otherwise personifies soul of the client’s brand.
- Writing: Write copy for many traditional and emerging media channels. Concepting ability and script writing skills are a must.
- Proof Reading: Proof all critical agency and client communications. Must lead the agency with a dogged pursuit of accuracy and correctness.
- Research: Conduct primary and secondary research to support written communications. Be comfortable conducting interviews and meeting with clients.
- Project Management: Manage key dates and resources to complete projects. Be able to manage multiple assignments at a time.
Requirements and QUALIFICATIONS
The nature of this position requires candidates to possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and/or Google Docs
- Strong organization, planning, prioritization and time management skills
- Strong written/oral communication and proofing skills
- Professional and welcoming demeanor in working with both clients and co-workers
- Irresistible desire to be “in the know” or otherwise stay abreast of projects and key details, dates and incoming/outgoing client communications
- Flexibility to seamlessly adjust to changing projects, priorities and dates
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Dearing Group is a full-service fusion of a brand development and marketing communications agency – with brand expertise as the foundation for everything we do. With our diversely talented team of award-winning, brand-focused specialists, we combine ingenuity and imagination all under one roof – to define, create and communicate client brands and stories with unrivaled consistency and continuity.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Acknowledgement of this Position Description does not constitute a contract of employment. This position can be modified at any time for any reason by the management of Dearing Group.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required with or without reasonable accommodation to sit, stand bend and reach with manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, copies, telephones and other office equipment. May require lifting up to 80 pounds. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.