The Graphic Designer is responsible for design concepts/execution in the production of marketing communications with emphasis in the digital realm. The Graphic Designer works with the Creative Director and/or Copywriter as a team. The employee can also work as a part of an art design team with other Art Directors or Graphic Designers. They may also be asked to supply copy or headline concepts for projects.
- Design creative products according to strategic plans as assigned by the Creative Director.
- Work with other team personnel in production of creative products.
- Develop web and video graphics and animations.
- Work with Creative Director and production manager to oversee outside vendors.
- Maintain job schedules as outlined by production calendar
- Conduct secondary research to support creative direction as needed.
- Help maintain portfolio and sample files, as well as the creative file archive on agency server.
- Direct photography, video or film sessions as needed.
- Keep Creative Director informed of need to upgrade design-related hardware and/or software.
- Write copy and/or headlines as needed.
- Make creative presentations to client as needed.
- Stay abreast of issues concerning key clients and industries.
- Review and proof all production materials before release to Account Executive or client.
- Provide account executive services to clients as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
Solid verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational skills. Detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities. Expertise with key agency software packages including Adobe Creative Suite, as well as website building tools such as Squarespace and WordPress.
To perform essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required with or without reasonable accommodation to sit, stand, bend and reach with manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, copiers, telephones and other office equipment. May require lifting up to 40 pounds. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Qualified applicants are required to provide the following to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Sample portfolio
Interested candidates are to email their information to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.